Tuesday 12 July 2022

The Slump

So last night we did this thing through an app called Too Good To Go that basically allows you to buy "magic bags" from specific shops containing their leftover food that are listed as a set price, but you get a random assortment of products. We did it at our local Starbucks and it was actually really good - we got 2 cinnamon swirls, 3 meat free/vegan wraps/sandwiches and a yoghurt pot. I ended up eating an entire cinnamon swirl and now I feel ridiculously guilty about it. But c'est la vie......

Obviously this morning I weighed the same as yesterday morning (153.8), so today I'm going to try and eat less to compensate for it. My dad has also got covid, AGAIN, and yesterday he came over to see us so there's a chance that Rich and I could have it, too. I'm really hoping we don't as Rich has a ridiculously busy week this week and I've planned to go to York on Saturday to see a lovely friend of mine. So here's hoping nothing manifests within the next few days. 

I'm feeling a bit down today.. I'm not sure if I'm hormonal or what, but I'm feeling like I'm a bit sad with where I am in life. I know it's dumb and someday I'll inevitably look back on now and think "you absolute pudding, Belle" - But, meh. A youtuber I follow (Stephanie Lange) has announced her second pregnancy and she's this utterly beautiful vision of health; thin, curvy body, beautiful hair, radiant skin.... and I just feel like I just look haggard, sickly and gray, like a pile of old newspapers. I don't feel all the best lately though, as we know, so hopefully things will equalise as we enter into a more stable period.... whenever that may be. It would be impossible to forecast what will happen with the passage of time but we will see. We will always see, fingers crossed, grin and bear it, all that sort of thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment