Saturday 9 July 2022

It's warm.

But I'm not mad about it. I did read earlier that technology has predicted that we might reach up to 40°C over the month of July (although I'm not sure how true that actually is) and the idea of that scares me. This country is not built to withstand temperatures as high as that - especially the houses we live in, hopefully energy costs will drop soon so that we can all sit by our fans all day..... But oh well. I can't see into the future so all I can do is focus on the here and now, and my here and now is rather comfortable. I'm sitting watching Bob's Burgers in my dressing gown on the sofa, Rich has gone to practice for the school musical he's taking part in over 4 days next week so it will just be me for the weekend. I don't mind that, though, I can take some time to sprawl out being lazy and not get dressed. Lazy days are pyjama days, without fail. 

I have some housework I need to do at some point: Mr Jeff's litter tray needs changing, I need to hoover and polish, take out the bins, that sort of thing. Nothing too strenuous, though. I can do all of that whilst I watch dreadful TV programmes (600lb Life, I'm looking at you) before I get a bath later on. I do need to get some more cucumber though, lately I've been having cucumber sticks with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Nando's lemon and herb sauce and honestly it is AMAZING. It's my new addiction, but I ran out of cucumber yesterday (the horror) so I will need to get some either today or tomorrow at the latest so I don't throw myself off. I'll see whether I can muster up the energy to walk to Co op later on, but it's no big deal if I decide to put it off until tomorrow. There are no rules for today. My hair also needs washing; I washed it for the first time since I had it dyed the other day and the colour faded quite a lot, I'm a little bit worried to wash it again because I don't want to lose more colour - but on the flipside, I wanted it more of a natural blonde rather than natural brown, so it might work out, maybe? Watch this space either way.

Oh, I was actually 152.8lbs this morning! I sort of don't trust it though because I didn't weigh myself immediately after I woke up like I usually do, but I'll take it, for now. Hopefully it won't bounce back up tomorrow and piss me off. 

Anyway. I'm off to be entirely lazy until I pull myself off the sofa to start my housework, whatever time that may be.....

🌙🌟 

 Current Music: Bob's Burgers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment