Tuesday 19 July 2022

God god, it’s ROASTING

We are literally on fire in this heat. We've had the fan on almost all of the day (my poor electricity bill is CRYING) and we even got Mr Jeff a cooling mat for him to sleep on which has since been put into the fridge to make it even more cool-y. I sort of enjoy the heat, though - when you ignore the reasoning behind why we have been suffering with such high temperatures lately, obviously it is terrifying when you actuallly think about it, but I can honestly hand-on-heart say at this point I am just too damn tired to even comprehend that right now. So, onto brighter things: WE ACTUALLY HAVE HALLOWEEN THINGS IN THE SHOPS NOW! IN JULY! Isn't it amazing?! Look at our amazing haul we absolutely had to buy from Homesense last night after taking an impromptu trip to raid their shelves: 

(Skull candle, Witch's Brew plaque, two sets of spooky towels, adorable ghost, salt and pepper set and a cute wee little bat decoration)

Look how cute!! I already had a cute little ghost like the one I got last night on the bottom right, but as soon as I saw him I knew I absolutely had to get him because obviously the one I already had needed a friend, right?

I love that halloween is in so early. I agree though, it's completely and utterly bonkers that it is, but the arrival of spooky goods means that I can easily goth up my house without making my wallet cry. I live for this. 

Oh - I had a lovely time on Saturday, by the way! My friend Jess and I had a wander around York, ate some (veggie) sushi, and did some shopping for her to find some new shorts and a crop top for Pride weekend. I also stumbled upon a pair of absolutely MAGICAL shorts that I had to buy (bank account plz ignore) because they FITTED ME! I couldn't believe it! The label said waist 28 and my waist is still 31, but I thought ehh, fuck it let's give it a go and they fitted!!! I was literally sitting in the changing rooms thinking to myself "absolutely not, these will not go over my thighs" but OH THEY DID. And the best thing about them is they have giant pockets with straight stitches down them that make anybody look teeny weeny: 

(Magical shorts ft. Mr Jeff lounging in tbe background. I love him.)

Aren't they beautiful?! I honestly had a fleeting moment of 2020-Belle feels which made me feel a bit taken aback because I haven't felt like that in so long. Of course the reality is I still have 30lbs to go until I'm anywhere near the realm of that, but I'm on my way god damn it. I LOVE these shorts; full on heart-shaped eyes and everything, they're giving me life. My weight was 152.6lbs this morning which isn't amazing but it's not bad, either. Well it is - it's disgusting, but I am trying, OK?! 

Tonight I will go to Meadowhall (the nearest shopping centre here) to meet a fairly new friend of mine for Sushi and Meadowhall-wanderings, which will be nice. I'm utterly exhausted but I'm sure when I actually get there I'll perk up after a coffee or two. I'm going to wear my new shorts, of course, and hopefully I'll actually feel a bit like a real-life human when I've put some makeup on and got changed. 

πŸŒ™πŸŒŸ 

Current Music: Super-duper chill relax playlist accompanied by the sound of whirring fans around me and CallMeKevin coming from the TV whilst Rich works away on the sofa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment