Thursday 18 August 2022

Photo Dump!

Heatwave! 

We had our second heatwave of the year last week, which is basically unheard of in this country. But it was glorious! I have just finished my two weeks of annual leave off work and fortunately we had some lovely weather over my second week. It was Rich's 30th birthday on 10th August, so him, his mum, sister and I all bundled into our car and went to Wentworth Woodhouse. Despite growing up a 10 minute drive away I actually had enver been, so it was lovely to experience it. It was a bit strange though, the decor was impressive, but there was little to no furniture in the rooms which we all thought was rather odd. Still though, look how gorgeous the facade is: 


Rich also took an amazing photo of me flailing around by a beautiful fireplace in my giant boots:


It was really nice to actually walk around somewhere I've been hearing about for so long but haven't actually had the time to experience finally. 

Oh, on a completely unrelated note, please adore accordingly this amazing cutlery set I purchased from Shein (shut up, they're bad fast fashion, but if you treasure it it's NOT BAD):



Aren't they beautiful?! I also had to get a new passport as mine was scarily close to becoming expired. It's all bluey-black now because of Brexit. Honestly, what sort of world are we living in these days? Ick. 


After Rich's birthday he was feeling a little low because of hitting the big "three-oh", bless him. (I'm two and a half years into that now, buckle up sonny-jim) so we took ourselves off to Cannon Hall in Barnsley. That was honestly better than Wentworth Woodhouse, and Wentworth Woodhouse had a ridiculously expensive entrance fee but Cannon hall was FREE, baby! We walked around all the rooms, saw some beautiful furniture and had the most divine lemon cheesecake I have ever experienced for lunch. I also took a liking to this picture: 


I wish I was as beautiful as her. She is everything I want to be. But I am not her, I am me, and here is me, as below: 


🌙🌟 

Current Music: Tick, tock...

No comments:

Post a Comment